Smart, compact, active.
Powerful digital amplifiers, proprietary Dynaudio drivers and advanced digital sound processing. All you need is a source.
If you want to go active, there’s the X14A. It’s based on the passive model, but contains its own powerful digital amplification – one 50W amp for the tweeter and another for the mid/bass driver. We’ve matched each amp specifically to the driver it powers, so you don’t have to worry about system-matching or interconnects, and you can even tell the speakers where they are in the room (in a corner, in free space and so on) to let them fine-tune their sound for you. All you need is a source.
Want more? The high-pass filter (60 or 80 Hz) allows one to optionally combine the Excite X14A with a subwoofer. With the high pass filter engaged, lower bass frequencies will be filtered out to be covered by a dedicated sub such as the Dynaudio Sub 250 II.
- Status Discontinued
- Segment Home
- Range Excite
- Type Bookshelf
- Analog inputs (Primary) 1x XLR, 1x RCA
- Amplifier Power Tweeter (Watt) 50
- AC Power Input 100-240V 50/60Hz
- Max Stand-by Power Consumption (Watt) 0,5
- Max Power Consumption (Watt) 94
- Lower Cutoff (Hz @85 dB +/- 3 dB) 45
- Upper Cutoff (kHz @ 85dB +/- 3 dB) 23
- Box Principle Bass reflex rear port
- Crossover 2-way DSP based
- Crossover Frequency (Hz) 3000 Hz
- Crossover Topology 2nd order
- Tweeter 28mm soft dome
- Midrange/Woofer 14 cm MSP
- Weight kg 6,4
- Weight lbs 14 1/8
- Width mm 170
- Height mm 282
- Depth mm 246
- Width inches 6 6/8
- Height inches 11 1/8
- Depth inches 9 5/8
- Width mm incl. feet/grill 170
- Height mm incl. feet/grill 282
- Depth mm incl. feet/grill 262
- Width inches incl. feet/grill 6 6/8
- Height inches incl. feet/grill 11 1/8
- Depth inches incl. feet/grill 10 3/8
- Finishes Rosewood Dark Satin, White Satin, Black Satin, Walnut Satin
- Grille Black, Grey
Review of the active speaker Exite X14a version
"They’re snappy and swift too – fleeting through songs with rhythmic precision and explicit timing – but they exercise control at every turn."
We are back with a new review. This time for the Excite X14A.
- Analog inputs (Primary):
- Amplifier Power Tweeter (Watt):
- AC Power Input:
- Max Stand-by Power Consumption (Watt):
- Max Power Consumption (Watt):
- Lower Cutoff (Hz @85 dB +/- 3 dB):
- Upper Cutoff (kHz @ 85dB +/- 3 dB):
- Box Principle:
- Crossover Frequency (Hz):
- Crossover Topology:
- Weight kg:
- Weight lbs:
- Width mm:
- Height mm:
- Depth mm :
- Width inches:
- Height inches:
- Depth inches:
- Width mm incl. feet/grill:
- Height mm incl. feet/grill:
- Depth mm incl. feet/grill:
- Width inches incl. feet/grill:
- Height inches incl. feet/grill:
- Depth inches incl. feet/grill:
- 1x XLR, 1x RCA
- 100-240V 50/60Hz
- Bass reflex rear port
- 2-way DSP based
- 3000 Hz
- 2nd order
- 28mm soft dome
- 14 cm MSP
- 14 1/8
- 6 6/8
- 11 1/8
- 9 5/8
- 6 6/8
- 11 1/8
- 10 3/8
- Rosewood Dark Satin, White Satin, Black Satin, Walnut Satin
- Black, Grey
Loudspeaker wattage - how much does my speaker need?
On this episode of Ask The Expert we'll be putting your power-related concerns to rest, by explaining exactly what power means for your loudspeakers.
Centre speakers in a stereo setup? When, why, how?
In this episode of Ask The Expert we're looking at centre speakers in a stereo setup, and what they can bring to the party (or rather, the movie night...
Demystifying the compressor
As an aspiring producer, you've probably come across the term ‘compressor’ more than once. A compressor is one of those tools that’s used to gently sh...